A unique program for “LGBT-friendly” hotels, resorts and B&Bs
TAG is the Travel Advocacy Group, founded by CMI in 1997.
The TAG Approved® Accommodations program presents a unique opportunity for “LGBT-welcoming” hotels, resorts and B&Bs to qualify with objective standards, and cooperatively reach and serve the community.
Register today to unlock a new world of opportunity.
The TAG Approved program
TAG Approved was launched in 1997 to help accommodations effectively reach and sensitively serve the LGBT community. Today, more than 1,000 properties are involved in the program, worldwide. Any genuinely LGBT-welcoming accommodation (from small boutique hotels to large, flagged chains) may participate as long as the property meets the TAG Approved acceptance standards. Please see application for details.
The program’s annual membership is just US$179.00, affordably priced so all properties large and small can participate.
Being a TAG Approved Accommodation is a cost-effective way to reach LGBT consumers throughout North America.
Membership includes practical benefits that make the $179 annual investment very cost-effective:
- TAG Approved Accommodations Website, Mobile Optimized Directory and iPhone App Listings: Your property is listed, searchable and linked on TAG Approved’s internet and mobile optimized directory, www.tagapproved.com. Your hotel’s hyperlink is included so site visitors can go directly to your website. Your property is also listed on TAG Approved’s iPhone app.
- TAG Approved Logo Usage: Your hotel is authorized to use the TAG Approved logo on all promotional materials.
- Education and Training: Gather the team around for online training! TAG Approved invites you to participate in ten live webinars every year. Webinars such as LGBT Diversity Training for Hotels, Twelve First Steps to Success in the LGBT Markets, and Attracting LGBT Group Business provide practical advice on increasing return on investment. Many webinars are recorded and archived on our TAG Approved member benefits website, so you can stream them at your convenience or share them in your office.
- Conference Discounts:CMI produces the annual Conference on LGBT Tourism & Hospitality. TAG Approved Accommodations members may register at a 50% discount rate. Member discounts are also offered to attend CMI’s LGBT Tourism Symposia in New York City and Hawaii.
- LGBT Tourism & Hospitality Research: Learn from the latest research. CMI produces the annual LGBT Tourism & Hospitality Research Report, the annual LGBT Community Survey® and other specialty reports, and provides them to TAG Approved members at no extra charge.
- TAG Approved Help Desk: The TAG Approved Help Desk allows you to call or email our marketing professionals to answer your questions on how to reach the LGBT market (some reasonable time limitations do apply).
- Marketing & Advertising Special Offers: TAG Approved has negotiated a unique collection of discounts and offers with the leading LGBT media, websites, bloggers, etc. to gain even more value for your membership. Check your welcome email for our password-protected media partner offer site.
To learn more about TAG Approved, contact Glen Fishman by email at glen@CommunityMarketingInc.com.
- Info and application form for your property to become TAG Approved®
- TAG Approved logo with sub-text (all formats, zip file)
- TAG Approved logo without sub-text (all formats, zip file)
TAG APPROVED is a registered certification mark owned by Community Marketing, Inc.