A unique program for “LGBT-friendly” hotels, resorts and B&Bs
TAG is the Travel Advocacy Group, founded by CMI in 1997.
The TAG Approved® Accommodations program presents a unique opportunity for “LGBT-welcoming” hotels, resorts and B&Bs to qualify with objective standards, and cooperatively reach and serve the community.
Register today to unlock a new world of opportunity.
The TAG Approved program
TAG Approved was launched in 1997 to help accommodations effectively reach and sensitively serve the LGBT community. Today, more than 1,000 properties are involved in the program, worldwide. Any genuinely LGBT-welcoming accommodation (from small boutique hotels to large, flagged chains) may participate as long as the property meets the TAG Approved acceptance standards. Please see application for details.
The program’s annual membership is just US$179.00, affordably priced so all properties large and small can participate.
Being a TAG Approved Accommodation is a cost-effective way to reach LGBT consumers throughout North America.
Membership includes practical benefits that make the $179 annual investment very cost-effective:
- TAG Approved Accommodations Web Listings and App: Your hotel is listed, searchable and linked on TAG Approved’s internet and mobile optimized directory, www.tagapproved.com. Your hotel’s hyperlink is included so consumers can go directly to your website. Your property is also listed on TAG Approved’s mobile-optimzed site, and the TAG Approved iPhone app.
- TAG Approved Logo Usage: Your hotel is authorized to use the TAG Approved logo on all promotional materials.
- E-newsletter: TAG Approved distributes a member e-newsletter to keep you updated on TAG Approved training, activities and benefits.
- Education: TAG Approved invites you to participate in live webinars throughout the year. Webinars such as LGBT Diversity Training for Hotels, Twelve First Steps to Success in the LGBT Markets, and Attracting LGBT Group Business give you practical advice on how to increase your return on investment.
- Conferences: TAG Approved members receive substantial discounts on Community Marketing & Insights Conferences and Symposia on LGBT Tourism & Hospitality.
- Research: CMI produces an annual LGBT tourism research report and provides it to TAG Approved members at no charge.
- TAG Approved Help Desk: The TAG Approved Help Desk allows you to call or email our marketing professionals to answer your questions on how to reach the LGBT market (some reasonable time limitations do apply).
To learn more about TAG Approved, contact Glen Fishman at (415) 437-3800 or by email at glen@CommunityMarketingInc.com.
- Info and application form for your property to become TAG Approved®
- TAG Approved logo with sub-text (all formats, zip file)
- TAG Approved logo without sub-text (all formats, zip file)
TAG APPROVED is a registered certification mark owned by Community Marketing, Inc.