LGBT Research Downloads: CMI's LGBT Community Survey® and many other gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) research reports are available for complimentary download on this page.
Getting Started: Your most efficient and successful approach the LGBT market will be on a firm foundation of knowledge.
Community Marketing & Insights (CMI) has produced LGBT research for nearly 25 years! No other company has produced more research on more LGBTs over every demographic, in more countries than CMI. And that's really important! Rather than LGBT being just a small division (or desk, or a person) in a large research company, we are all about LGBT, all the time. With that specialization, we not only provide data and statistics, we bring deep insight, nuance and observations to your research initiative, as well as practical recommendations based on an enormous amount of experience. This yields far better return on investment.
We've been fortunate to work with many industry leaders over the years, and our "give back" is to produce studies that we can share with everyone at no charge. Corporations, organizations, universities and government institutions use these studies to help make the business case for, or fine-tune, communications initiatives. That "raises everyone's boats," and improves the quality of life of LGBT community members. We are proud to be the only company to offer this "knowledge base" to everyone.
Start by downloading and reviewing some of CMI’s latest research.
CMI’s LGBT Community Surveys
- Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy of CMI’s 11th Annual LGBT Community Survey®. You’ll receive a link for immediate download. CMI’s 11th Annual LGBT Community Survey (July 2017)
- Free Webinar: 11th Annual LGBT Community Survey: Download or stream the full recording of the July 19 webinar for replay at your convenience, or to share. Gain deeper insights into the key findings from this year's landmark report.
- LGBT Canada Community Survey report for 2017. Download this report on a cross-tab of Canadian LGBTs.
- Opening China! Use this link to download CMI’s breakthrough China LGBT Community Survey® report, August 2014
- Opening China! Use this link to download CMI’s breakthrough 首届中国LGBT群体生活消费指数调查报告 report, August 2014 (in Chinese)
- Thomas Roth’s presentation file about the China LGBT Community Survey, with reference to YouGov (general market) comparisons, plus CMI’s other research, cases studies and best practices. (Note this is a 37mb pdf file and may take some time to download.) August 7, 2014, Shanghai, China
- CMI’s Thomas Roth and Lu Xun produced a 50-minute webinar about LGBT China. Download the full webinar for streaming/viewing on your computer (about 50 minutes; large file, may take a few minutes to load): http://www.communitymarketinginc.com/documents/temp/CMI’s_LGBT_China_Webinar.mov
- LGBT African American Study: Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy (download link) of CMI’s African American LGBT Community Survey® 2014 CMI’s African American LGBT Community Survey (April 2014)
- Use this link to download a complimentary copy of CMI’s 7th Annual LGBT Community Survey: Canada (with comparisons of Canadian and United States LGBT Communities)
- Watch a 45-minute webinar presented by David Paisley and Tom Roth, about CMI’s 7th Annual LGBT Community Survey report. (Note: This is a 30mb .mov file which may take time to download.)
- Download file: “Researcher’s Guide to LGBT” delivered to Marketing Research Association, March 2013
- Bisexual Cross-Tab of CMI’s 6th Annual LGBT Community Survey
CMI’s LGBT Tourism & Hospitality Studies
- Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy of CMI’s 21st Annual LGBT Tourism & Hospitality Survey
CMI’s 21st Annual LGBT Tourism & Hospitality Survey (December 2016)
- Free webinar: Watch a 50-minute audio/video webinar of Thomas Roth and David Paisley presenting key findings and insights from CMI’s 21st Annual LGBT Tourism & Hospitality Survey
- Use this link to download a complimentary copy of CMI’s Transgender Traveler study report, sponsored by the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau
Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy of CMI’s Inaugural China LGBT Tourism & Hospitality Survey
- Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy of CMI首届中国LGBT旅游与酒店调查报告 2014年12月 (in Chinese)
CMI’s Business & Finance Studies
5th Annual CMI-NGLCC LGBT Business to Business Study in partnership with the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (exploring B2B opportunities with LGBT owned and managed companies). Click to download: CMI-NGLCC Business to Business Study 2015
Better Homes & Gardens/NAGLREP LGBT Real Estate Study Knowing that it is important to study the mindset of the LGBT community as it pertains to homebuying, and with the Supreme Court ruling on marriage equality, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate and NAGLREP teamed up to conduct the largest survey of LGBT homebuying preferences. Download the report here.
The LGBT Financial Experience. Typically, the custom research we do for clients is proprietary and not available for download from our website. But there’s one notable exception, a study that was commissioned by Prudential Financial, "The LGBT Financial Experience." You can download and review the report with this link.
CMI’s Same-sex Wedding & Engagement Study
- Same-sex Weddings: New Research One Year After the Landmark Rulings by the Supreme Court
The report reviews recent research projects including the Spring 2016 research completed by Community Marketing & Insights (CMI), WeddingWire, Inc., GayWeddings and the Gay Wedding Institute. Download here.
Keep up to date on CMI research. Please join our research news list. We’ll let you know when new studies are available to download.
The LGBT market is dynamic and rapidly evolving. So whether you are new to the market or an LGBT market veteran, don’t consider market research a one-time exercise. Periodically taking a pulse on the market will keep your marketing plan healthy and productive. We recommend a regional or national survey every 18-24 months, with focus group reviews of new products or services, creative, offers, etc. as introduced.
We bring you the benefit of our nearly 25 years of LGBT market specialization. Far beyond delivering numbers and charts, our research practice delivers experience, relationships, and deep insight that is unparalleled.
The CMI team's expertise can guide you through this extremely important step, and ultimately expedite your market entry (or growth, if you’re already in the market) saving you time and money.
Contact CMI for more information or a project quote: Email or call us at +1 415/437-3800