Thomas Roth and David Paisley, leaders of the Community Marketing & Insights team, have developed and presented LGBT educational workshops and training sessions since 1993.
With broad client services experience, as well as over two decades of conducting LGBT market research surveys and focus groups, Mr. Roth and Mr. Paisley speak from a level of experience that is unmatched today. Community Marketing's workshops are customized for each presentation, and bring this lively, interactive and thought-provoking topic to any educational environment.
Attend scheduled CMI training, workshops, webinars and conferences
CMI Co-Producing LGBT WEEK 2017: We are returning to New York City to co-produce LGBT Week®, including these events:
- Tuesday, May 16 @ Google
--Part 1: Symposium on Latin American LGBT Business, Tourism & Hospitality, in partnership with NGLCC and CCGLAR. Hosted by Google. 10:00am to 12:00pm.
--Part 2: 3rd Annual LGBT Tourism & Hospitality Symposium in partnership with IGLTA. Hosted by Google. Click here for Information and registration.
- Wednesday, May 17 @ the New York Times Conference Center.
CMI’s 10th Annual LGBT Marketing & Advertising Symposium, hosted by the New York Times. Click here for information and registration.
CMI is Producing the 18th Annual Conference on LGBT Tourism & Hospitality:
For our tourism and hospitality clients, please plan to attend CMI’s 18th Conference on LGBT Tourism & Hospitality. November 1-3, 2017 at the Park Central, a Starwood Property, San Francisco.
Contract with CMI to produce custom LGBT workshops/training for your company or organization (onsite or via webinar).
Mr. Roth and Mr. Paisley offer a range of 20 to 60-minute presentations and keynotes, all the way to 2 or 3-hour interactive workshops. We can produce both live and webinar/remote presentations.
- Cost-Effectively Reach—and Professionally Serve—the LGBT Communities
- Learning from Case Studies: What makes a product, service or supplier “LGBT-Friendly?”
- Market Research Review & Interpretation: Trends and insights from two decades of LGBT market studies
- Best practices in LGBT communications and customer service
- LGBT is not a singular market: Exploring and understanding the "Diversity within LGBT"
- How to measure, gauge and maximize LGBT Return on Investment
- Custom presentations may be organized on your behalf, to fit any agenda and schedule.
Example 1: How To Cost-Effectively Reach—and Professionally Serve the LGBT Community
This is our “LGBT Marketing 101,” a comprehensive and very practical orientation to your opportunities in the global LGBT market place. Discussion includes a review and interpretation of CMI's LGBT market research, including industry trends and projections. Learn what “LGBT-friendly” means, and how you can ensure that your company or organization is perceived favorably. Make your initiatives a sure success by using our marketing and publicity tips, based on over two decades of advising industry leaders. This session will be valuable to all attendees, but is especially recommended for newcomers to the LGBT market.
Example 2: Case Studies. Learn from the Successes of Market Leaders Around the World
Take a virtual “LGBT world tour” through the presentation of advertising from product and service providers around the globe. Save time and resources by learning from the successes and challenges of your colleagues. “The LGBT Market” is being discussed in marketing planning sessions everywhere. How do you fit in? How can you compete? How can you stretch limited funds and make an impact? What are the opportunities... and risks? You’ll find these answers and more in this lively, interactive session. Valuable for newcomers and LGBT market veterans alike.
See below for a list of conferences and events at which CMI has had speaking roles!
Contact Community Marketing & Insights for more information:
Email or call us at 415/437-3800
Community Marketing leaders have had the honor of addressing the attendees and delegates of these and other market-leader events:
- ABAV, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paolo
- Advertising Research Foundation
- Multicultural Health National Conference
- American Marketing Association
- Association of National Advertisers
- Brand Activation Association
- Search Marketing Expo
- European Travel Partnership, Barcelona
- Luxury Marketing Council
- ITB, Berlin
- ITB Asia, Singapore
- World Travel Market, London
- International Association of Business Communicators
- PRSA Public Relations Society of America
- ACTA Canada
- Travel Weekly
- TTRA Global Travel Outlook Conference
- IGLTA (multiple)
- Tourism & Leisure Studies Conference
- Hotel Diversity & Inclusion Conference
- Caribbean Tourism Organization Conference
- Equality Forum
- Out & Equal (multiple)
- NGLCC (multiple)
- OneWorld Travel Market
- Travel Gay Canada (multiple)
- GNetwork360 Buenos Aires, Argentina (multiple)
- GNetwork360 Sao Paolo, Brasil
- LGBT Confex, Mexico City
- California Tourism Commission
- Massachusetts Governor's Conference
- Minnesota Governor's Conference
- New Jersey Tourism Conference
- Florida Governor's Conference on Tourism
- Hawaii Tourism Authority
- Tourism Ministry of Brasil
- Houston Tourism Summit
...and produced and delivered custom, dedicated client-sponsored workshops for these companies and destinations:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Union Bank
- Johnson & Johnson
- United Airlines
- Gold Coast, Australia
- Victoria, BC
- San Francisco
- Palm Springs
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- Portland, OR
- Las Vegas
- Fort Lauderdale
- Key West
- New York City
- Atlantic City
- Lancaster, PA
- Louisville, KY